2010年5月27日星期四

Project3- Initial Ideas

FIRST:My first idea is to make the courtyard and the building as a whole, and put the courtyard in the front so that it could become an attraction to the passer-by. So I am thingking to make the building like a big ramp. the first part is cortyard, people can see the sculptures in the courtyard when they move on through the ramp, and then go into this building.








And for the inside display area, I want to put a large podium and the display panels are arranged along with the edges of the podium, when people come in(the entrance is on higher level because of the "ramp courtyard"), they go down by the podium and watch the artwork at the same time.




SECOND: my second idea is derived from the character of the site. because it is like a long sandwich between its adjacent buildings, I want to make something to connect those adjcent buildings, then the picture of shoe-lace and zip occurs in my mind, they are the stuffs to connect the adjacent parts:

so the appearence of my art gallery could be like this:

没有评论:

发表评论